Happy National Apprenticeship Week! Now in its fifth year, this nationwide celebration gives businesses, communities and educators the opportunity to showcase their apprenticeship programs and apprentices while providing valuable information to career seekers. NAW 2019 is observed on November 11-17, 2019. ACFEF Apprenticeship programs provide an invaluable opportunity for budding culinary professionals to learn…7 Dos and Don’ts for Mentoring Apprentices — We Are Chefs
In today’s day and age, consumers have come to expect digital applications that are speedy, secure, personalized, and ultimately, facilitate their various tasks and transactions.
As more people around the world begin to rely on their smartphones for all aspects of their lives, companies and financial institutions see the benefit of offering a way to carry payment information on those phones rather than carrying wallets.
Digital payments are clearly the wave of the future but people will likely be using familiar folding money for awhile longer.
WHY WE NEED MODERN MENTORING TO DEVELOP THE CHANNEL
Micro-Credentials, Community of Practice, Expert Path Panels & Path Plans
DESIGNED FOR EDUCATION
“Connecting knowledge and resources together in an online environment that serves the industry community with continued education for growing the ecosystem”
Professional Development, Performance Improvement, Succession Planning
A way for business operators, instructors, technicians, sponsors, and learning candidates (geographically dispersed) to collaborate, negotiate, and support preparation and certifications for professional development.
Industry Modern Mentoring Programs (Education & Industry Practical Experience Resources working together)
EXAMPLE: SUBJECT MATTER EXPERTS (SME’s)
- INSTRUCTORS: Instructs students in curriculum program knowledge and skills, assesses progress and collaborates with employers, vendor partners, customer success managers, technical managers, and mentors.
- COACHES: Gives direction. Thinks in terms of how learners fit into the needs of their organizations. Informs employers to work connections and how mentors coach for workplace readiness.
- EMPLOYERS: Helps plan career paths and certification plans, monitors progression, works with teachers, instructors and mentors to support the people who are looking for coaching and mentoring in business and industry.
- TECHNICAL : Help technical learners plan career paths and certification plans, monitors progression, works with instructors and mentors to identify learners who needs coaching and mentoring, and recognize talented learners that need opportunities to showcase their work whose performance needs support.
- MENTORS: Model and coach the traits of their successful industry experts and leaders and the value of education, professional training and graduation, work with the industry & trade associations to focus on specific working learner needs to refine their ePortfolio and connect with potential partners and employers.
UP TO 8 SEATS – Unlimited replications for developing Support Teams, Work-groups, and Partnerships. Platform to “execute” ongoing growth plans, communicate the “next steps”, and drive “certifications” for approving micro-credentials.
Micro-Credentials – Teach People How To Fish
Replicating Resources for Micro-credentials:
- > The Role of People, Processes, and Systems to improve the cost-effectiveness of information technology by providing a mechanism for sharing services not economically or operationally feasible for a small business.
- > To promote interoperability through use of web standards, open-source software, and shared services.
- > A way for business operators, schools, sponsors, and learning candidates (geographically dispersed) to collaborate, negotiate, and support preparation and certifications for professional development.
- > A way to document and promote real work done in the real workplace by real people as key components of leadership succession planning.
- > A way for a collaborative team to coordinate and align leadership preparation with performance improvement plans.
- > A way for a collaborative team to coordinate and align leadership preparation plans with university programs and industry apprenticeship certification programs.
- > Allow individuals to keep and publish their professional portfolios.
- > Provide mechanisms to track evidence of completion of key performances.
- > Support industry certified professionals through competency-based education.
The following video is an example: It demonstrates an education community developing Pat Smith, a 5th grade math teacher who inspires to become a middle school principal. It can be used for any community of practice.
WHITE LABELED PRIVATE SOCIAL NETWORKS
A sophisticated social learning platform for professional development, performance improvement & capacity development.
To learn more visit the  portfolios below:
- WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT
- MODERN MENTORING
- PRIVATE SOCIAL NETWORKS
- LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT
- HOW IT WORKS
- HOW TO MAKE AN IMPACT
For more up-to-date Articles & Activity visit Local Merchant Solutions
NEW PARTNER OPTIONS, INCLUDING
Looking back is not always the best rule of thumb – it is much more realistic to be in the moment and look toward the future. There are always lessons to be learned from the way it was, but we should never insist on living there when the world around us is changing.
There are many examples of how the restaurant business has evolved in a positive way, yet many of the problems that plagued those who worked in kitchens during the 60’s and 70’s still exist. Looking briefly back is always nostalgic and in some ways comforting, but future thinking that is built on understanding how we must change is far more productive.
This article shares how culinary students are trained by industry professionals at each location. The experience provides a hands-on learning lab, allowing the restaurants to double as teaching establishments for culinary and pastry art students seeking real-world experience, all while giving guests a unique dining experience.
Here are some of the many reasons why I love what I do (no regrets) and why today I find myself riddled with fits of anger and disappointment.
INSTANT PRODUCT KNOWLEDGE THAT PROVIDES A BETTER EXPERIENCE
High-Tech Digital Menus offer creative ways to market in your restaurant by providing software to manage your real-time menu content. The software provides the patented Pairing-Pro for food, wine & brews. It provides the ability to command the attention from your captured audience who are there to buy!
(Click to watch the experience!)